Sep 13 2022
It is a common hygienic routine to wash our face once in the morning and evening. We are being educated by washing our face, we can achieve a clean brighter healthier skin. However, there is a little bit of truth in that. Cleansing your face with a facial cleanser can remove dirt and oil and unwanted debris but it can possibly strip away your skin’s natural oil and moisture which causes excessive sebum production.
Washing Your Face With Water There are some who believe that washing your face with water brings the best result for your skin. In ancient times, people only cleansed their face with water or pampered themselves using natural ingredients. For example, Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt, took goat milk baths to keep her skin youthful and beautiful. By only washing their face with water, it doesn’t strip away their natural moisture and oil from their skin.
Benefits Of Washing Your Face With Water
- Saves Time & Water
- Reduce Cost (Facial Cleanser) & Environmental Impacts
- Reduce Stripping Your Skin’s Natural Oil & Moisture
- Safe, Water Is Unlikely To Cause Any Allergic Reaction
How To Wash Your Face With Water
- Splash & Wash Your Face With Lukewarm Water To Dissolve Accumulated Oil.
- Wipe Your Face Gently With Your Face Towel To Reduce Rubbing Or Irritating Your Skin.
- Monitor Your Skin’s Condition And Adjust The Frequency As Needed.
Facial Cleanser Twice A Day The common norm is to wash your face with a facial cleanser once in the morning and once at night. Some people can’t handle not cleansing their face with a facial cleanser. Those with oily skin tend to have a practice of washing their face twice a day or normal cleansing along with double cleansing their face.
Benefits of Washing Your Face With Cleanser
- Penetrate And Cleanse Stubborn Dirt
- Reduce Risk Of Getting Pimples And Blackheads
- Clean And Healthy Look
- Additional Beneficial Properties From Cleanser
Reminders To Avoid
- Using The Wrong Cleanser.
- Over Washing More Than Required
TAKE NOTE! Washing only with water is not efficient enough to remove, penetrate and dissolve makeup makeup layers on your face which will lead to clogged pores. You will need a makeup remover to wipe off your makeup first. If you do plan to adopt this step as part of your daily skincare regime, we would recommend only washing your face with water in the morning while washing deep cleansing or double cleansing at night.